Hi Karyn,

The table has custom ruling and shading overrides, which always take
precedent over the settings in the Table Designer. Select the table and
choose Table > Custom Ruling and Shading. Change all of the settings to From
Table and click Apply. This should take care of the problem.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hi All,

   I have a bunch of tables in an administrators guide and am trying to
convert them all to one consistent style that uses a thin line to separate
all columns and rows.

   To achieve this look, I've used the Table Designer > Ruling tab and have
set every single field to "thin".

   On most tables in my book, the thin lines appear. But some stubbornly
refuse to add the lines, even if I repeatedly import the template (which has
thin lines defined in the ruling settings), or set them manually and
repeatedly click "Apply" and "Update All". I've even selected to remove
overrides, but still no luck. Why? And how can I fix this?

   This happens on some files (chapters) within my book, but not in others.
And within a single file/chapter, it can happen on some tables, but not
others.

   I'm on Windows XP with Frame 7.1.

Karyn