Hi all,

Maybe I'm missing something, and then again, maybe I'm not. I too have
always considered it a strange paradox when I see the words "This page
intentionally left blank." But there is no need to use it.

In every organization I have worked with, we have used the convention of
starting each chapter on a right page. Of course, this means that some
chapters will have a page with no pertinent content at the end. But that
doesn't mean the so-called "blank" page is really blank.

Why? Because we have always used running headers and footers, and those
appear on the page regardless of other content. This means that, if
there is no other content, at least the header and footer are there as a
clue to the reader that "this page was intentionally left blank." No
need to declare it; the running headers/footers declare it, in effect.

So why does this frequently come up as an issue? 'Tis a mystery to me...

Chuck Beck

"I speak only for myself."