Mike

  Thanks muchly. I did have cross reference also in the paragraph element, but
it was like this:
  <TEXT> | ( Emphasis | InlineGraphic | Button | CrossReference)*

  I changed it to ( <TEXT> | Emphasis | InlineGraphic | Button |
CrossReference)* and this seems to work.

  Pallavi

Mike Feimster <mike.feimster at acstechnologies.com> wrote:
  Pallavi,

Open the EDD and look at the general rule of your paragraph element. Does it
look like this:

If so, that means a Paragraph only allows text.

It should allow both text and CrossReferences. Since it's mixed content it
should look like this:

( | CrossReference)*

It's also possible that the element allows mixed content, but the
CrossReference element is not included in that list. If so, the general rule
might look something like this:

( | Emphasis | InlineGraphic | Button)*

You would need to add CrossReference to the general rule so that it looks like
this: