At 13:55 +0200 27/9/06, Niels Fan?e wrote:

>I have a book consisting of quite a number of documents. Some of these
>documents have an index of their own (for historical reasons... And because
>making a book-wide index wouldn't make any sense).
>
>The text flow in each document is single-column, right/left, with room for
>sideheads. Now when I generate an index, I import it into the document (just
>like a TOC). But naturally I want the index to be two-column...
>
>As far as I can see, there is no way of doing this. I can apply a master page
>on the index heading, but that only covers the page on which the heading is
>situated, not the subsequent pages. I made a script which can reformat the
>text frame from a certain point onwards, but since the document is part of a
>book, adding or deleting pages elsewhere in the book will shift the whole
>thing - in short, it's a nightmare to maintain!

I'm sure you've though of this, but what's the problem with creating a pair of
left/right master pages, giving the inserted index a unique para tag, then
mapping the two-column master pages to this tag using the master table mapping
table on the reference pages? Text inserts do have paragraph tags...

Maybe you tried this and found that it didn't work for some reason?

--
Steve