It doesn't give you an error message, it gives you a prompt asking if
you want to convert the file you're opening to your newer version's
file format. If you do, and if you save the file, then it works in
your newer version the next time you open it. The conversion only
needs to be done once.

On 4/5/07, Syed Zaeem Hosain <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net> wrote:
> At 06:15 PM 4/4/2007, Art Campbell wrote:
> > Look at C:\Program
> > Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.2\samples\MoreSamples\Books\Bkstyle5 for an
> > example. Just set up the graphics and header text container on the
> > master pages...
> >
> > If that directory isn't on your system, go to the Adobe FrameMaker
> > downloads page and look for the template package. May be down with the
> > old releases, like 5.5 or so. They're all worth downloading, but the
> > sample is in Template pack #1, I think.
>
> Hmmm ... I have, in the past, not been able to get those version 5.5
> templates to work in recent versions of FrameMaker. When I run the
> executable files, it gives me errors about the version of FrameMaker
> that I am using!
>
> So, how do I make them work for me? Is there another source for these
> for recent versions of FrameMaker?

Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com
                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358