Using FM 7.0, Windows.

I am writing a manual with three chapters, three appendices, and several
graphics. All of the graphics are chapter specific numbered - Chapter 1
graphics are numbered 1-1, 1-2, etc., Appendix A graphics are numbered
A-1, A-2, etc.

One of the graphics in Chapter 2 resides in a table footnote. FM does
not recognize the numbering of this graphic. In the chapter document, it
numbers the graphics as if that particular graphic did not exist.

However, when I generate a List of Figures for the book, FM places the
graphic in its proper location, but without numbering. It looks like
this:

Figure 2-8 Perfectly Fine Graphic               2-10
Troublesome Graphic                             2-11
Figure 2-10 Another Fine Graphic                2-15

Any ideas how to cure this dyspepsia?

Matt