From: mathieu jacquet [mailto:bobi...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 4:50 AM
To: dgcaller at earthlink.net; richard.combs at Polycom.com;
verner.andersen at radiometer.dk; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Translators

>Incidentally, the later versions of the Translators Workbench (including
>the
>S-Tagger) can open MIF files directly and work with them.  The linguists do
>not have to have or use Word files.

I'm using the SDLX (Trados 7.x, I thought it was the latest) Workbench and I
still have to do a .mif to .rtf conversion before translating... So I still
use Word for my translation. Which Workbench version are you talking about
Diane?

The problem is not much that some translators are using Word and only Word,
but rather that they do not have the STagger filter to perform the back
conversion from .rtf to .mif (this is straightforward if no tag is crushed,
which is easily checkable through the Verify STag function).

Mathieu.