A slight hijack: for people who are using dual monitors, what
configuration do you use? Here at work, we have people using dual LCD
displays. I see the following configurations in use:

    * Horizontal side-by-side, most often "tilted back" (top back,
      bottom up) but sometimes also straight up and down. This is what I
      use.
    * Vertical side-by-side. A LCD monitor is easy to rotate, of course.
      These are most often straight up and down. I tried it but it felt
      cramped.
    * Horizontal /one above the other/. I kid you not. I usually see
      this configuration with the upper monitor tilted /forward/ (top
      forward, bottom back) and the lower monitor tilted opposite. The
      configuration has a very futuristic/spaceship look.

I have seen a few quad monitor setups, which are most likely from
multiple machines.

In my current configuration, I devote the left-hand panel to all my
normal work, and use the right-hand panel exclusively for e-mail. I
think that the biggest hurdle to overcome is switching my mindset. I am
just not used to having this much screen space, so I do things in an
old-fashioned style. I often find myself switching between app windows
rather than moving one off to the second display.

Joe