> I'm looking to purchase a font to use in my documentation. I'd like it
> to work in FrameMaker, display in my PDF and in e-Publisher. There are
> several options when I try to purchase it. They are opentype (PC, Mac),
> Win TrueType, and WinPostScript. Which one do I need?
>
> Once I purchase the font, how do I get these applications to recognize
> it? What directory do I need to add it to?

As mentioned, OpenType fonts are the way to go.
Install with the Fonts Control Panel (File>Install Fonts).

I just wanted to add that you should make sure the font foundry (company)
allows the font to be embedded in a PDF or other electronic products. Some
foundries require an extra fee; a few don't even allow it at all. Even if
the font can be embedded in the PDF, there may be a _legal_ restriction as
to its usage. (Virtually every Adobe font can be embedded, so they not are
not an issue here, but you should check other font companies.)

David Creamer
I.D.E.A.S. - Results-Oriented Training
http://www.IDEAStraining.com
Adobe Certified Trainer & Expert (since 1995)
Authorized Quark Training Provider (since 1988)
Markzware, Enfocus, FileMaker Certified
Apple Consultant Network member (since 1990)