It probably wouldn't work because it's a tool designed to prevent
multiple people editing when the file is on a server, not in a version
management system.

Most version management systems physically replace the file server
with a database that checks files in and out to user's local systems.
So the VMS file locking would trump whatever is built into FM because
FM doesn't know or care that the external application has applied its
own lock.

It might work if the VMS restored the files to a server and the end
users opened the file from there because both locking systems would be
used -- the VMS controlling access from the database to the server,
and FM from the server to the client workstations.

Art

--
Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com