At 2:50 PM -0800 1/29/07, Dov Isaacs wrote:
>Any LZW or ZIP
>compression in a screen shot (or any other image)
>imported into FrameMaker is absolutely lost when
>FrameMaker sends the image data to the PostScript driver!

 Which means, when translated, that FrameMaker unpacks the compressed image
when it opens the file (and LZW compression is lossless), and what it sends to
the printer is the TIFF image as it is uncompressed.

 I've been using LZW compressed TIFFs in FrameMaker for 13 years and have NEVER
had any problem printing them to any printer or to PDF.

 When you open a FrameMaker document with an LZW compressed TIFF you will only
notice one difference. When you page through the document and come to a page
that has a large compressed TIFF image you may see a slight delay as FrameMaker
unpacks it and the image writes line by line to the display. Apart from that
you shouldn't see any difference.

 - web