and at 08:29 -0700 13/3/06, Grant Hogarth wrote:

>Known issue with FM.  Not sure if it is a bug (not working as designed)
>or not.
>Workaround:
>1) Define the smallest paragraph you can (2pt font, 0pt line spacing,
>0pt above/below...).
>2) Insert this as a blank para at the top of the referenced flow.

Grant subsequently kindly sent me a demo file, and this fix does indeed work...

...for unstructured FrameMaker. But when applied in structured FrameMaker, it
appears not to. We cannot work out why this should be, but in my test file I
was careful to prevent the EDD applying a para format to override the para tag
described in step 1 above.

Does anyone have any idea why this should be, and/or a possible workaround?

--
Steve