At 17:12 +0000 1/3/07, Paul Findon wrote:

>Who's side are you on, Steve ;-)

Garn, Paul... you shouldn't need to ask me that. I borrowed the campaign
T-shirt, after all ;-) And suffered for The Cause: after barracking the Adobe
lot at IPEX I got comprehensively sneezed on by a Japanese visitor and was ill
for weeks afterwards.

>In the early '90s, I made many a manual with Adobe FrameMaker 3.0 for NeXTSTEP.
>
>Hang on. Aren't NeXTSTEP and Mac OS X both built on BSD?
>
>Hang on. Aren't NeXTSTEP and Mac OS X both built on the Mach kernel?
>
>Hang on. Aren't NeXTSTEP and Mac OS X both object-orientated environments?
>
>Hang on. Don't NeXTSTEP and Mac OS X both support Objective-C?
>
>Hang on. NeXTSTEP used Display PostScript, Mac OS X uses PDF. Isn't PDF based
>on PostScript?
>
>Hang on. Don't NeXTSTEP and Mac OS X both support Type 1 fonts?
>
>Hang on. Weren't NeXTSTEP app developers some of the first to port their apps
>to Mac OS X?

All this is true. However, it's the Apple layers above Darwin that would likely
cause most of the adaptation effort.

--
Steve