> - When a heading row repeats on 2 or more pages, the ruling at the
> bottom of the table, and underneath the header row row are not always
> the correct ruling style. I have to apply the ruling manually.

I think it has to do with your table style definitions.

> - When I apply custom ruling and shading, to a row and select only the
> Bottom and Top checkboxes, the ruling is often applied to the left and
> right sides of the cell.

Shading will be cell specific, not orientation specific.

> - When I try to apply custom ruling to the top of a cell, it often does
> not work until I go into the bottom cell and select Top, and then select
> go into the top cell and select Bottom.

This is how tables work. Each cell has a top and a bottom... So you
need to ensure that your bottom definition doesn't counter your top
definition and vice versa.

> FrameMaker is still better than Word, but for the price you pay I think
> they should fix these bugs. The ruling bugs are particularly annoying.

I don't think they're bugs. Then again, I don't see what you see and
have no insight into what you're doing other than your written
perspective.

--
Bill Swallow