Thanks, Art.  As I wrote to Fred, we are grasping for anything at this
point - there are so many now-broken references and (of course) little
time. We do use IXGen here, so we can give that a try.

Art Campbell wrote:

> I think Fred's comments are accurate, but if you do decide you want to
> muck with markers, IXGen accomodates all types of FM markers, not just
> index markers. So that would be my tool of choice...
>
> Art
>
> On 5/8/07, Ridder, Fred <fred.ridder at intel.com> wrote:
>
>> I think you may be under a (common) misconception about
>> the marker/paragraph option in the Cross-Reference dialog.
>> That option does *not* change anything about the cross-
>> references themselves. The option only changes the
>> information that is displayed in the dialog.  In the one case,
>> the dialog presents you with a list of existing x-ref markers

<snip>

Joanne Grey   j_grey at writeangles.com
Write Angles  www.writeangles.com

Mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images.
      -Jean Cocteau