Hi Penelope and Kenneth,

Thank you for your help. I regret to be late in replying. Usually
replies move the thread into the Inbox of my Gmail, but this time it
did not. I just started looking in my Sent Mail because of the thread
(header) "Confused about hexadecimal Codes", and then I saw a couple
of replies to my posting.

Kenneth:
You are absolutely right. This is not a Distiller problem. I would
rather think this is has to do with the PS driver. The character
prints as intended on any non-postscript printer, but on a PostScript
printer and to PDF it prints incorrectly.

Penelope:
It would have set me on the right track if I had read it eariler. :-(
But the "Confused..." thread lead me to study the online manual:
"FrameMaker Character Sets" where I saw that there is no entry for the
circled roman 2, which must be rated as a bug. However, the sans-serif
circled 2 has an entry, as referred to in your reply.

ADOBE:
I think Adobe should really make a separate revision/upgrade to this
part of FM for all versions 7.x at least, or if this is, as I am
starting to suspect, a PostScript driver fault, to revise the Adobe
PostScript driver, and have this solved in the FrameMaker.next (as
Bernard prefers to call the next version).

Thanks again and God bless,

Bodvar