Loretta,

What you are probably seeing is a result of the screen - sometimes the
line triggers one row of pixels and sometimes two, making it look thicker.
 When you increase the magnification all lines trigger two (or more rows)
and look the same.

If you move the image around on the screen do the line thicknesses change?
 If so, that confirms the diagnosis.

--

Regards,

Peter