I've never heard of a way to change this; it seems to be a limit
hard-coded into the application.

I agree that it would be very useful if the list could be expanded, but
I don't think it's possible.  Maybe the next version of FM will include
this capability.

On  Friday, August 22, 2008 21:46, Syed.Hosain at aeris.net wrote:

| Hi, all.
|
| Can the default number of files in the history the Pull Down menu
| (under "Files->") be changed?
|
| It defaults to the last five files and books, and I'd like to
| increase that number to at least 9 (like many other Windows apps
| can be changed).
|
| I am using FrameMaker 8.0p277 on a Windows XP SP3 system.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com