Hi, Brian:

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:21 AM,  <blamborn at comcast.net> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Thanks for the info.  I went back to double check what was going on.  The
> tabs were not there. I manually inserted them. The tabs/leaders work for
> Paragraph Designs (auto generated by Frame) Heading2TOC through Heading 5TOC.
>  They do not work for Heading1TOC (the top level).
>
> The tab mark is there, and I checked to make sure that all of the definitions
> in the Paragraph Designer were the same for all (tab position and leader
> type).
>
> I get nice leaders and page # placement for all except the top level.
>
> Any suggestions?

* If a tab character is beyond (to the right of) its corresponding tab
stop, it's ignored. Check that your top-level text isn't so long that
it's causing this.

* Verify that the rightmost tab stop is right aligned.

* Verify that the reference page top-level prototype line contains the
manually-inserted tab character, that the right-aligned tab stop
position falls within the body-page's text-frame width.

* Verify that no nearby body- or master-page graphic or text frame has
its runaround property ON - this can force the text to the left, which
simulates the tab failing.

* Regenerate the TOC.

I'm out of ideas.
Regards,