Timing :(

First thing I would look for is a corrupt/badly formed graphic file.
If you have any graphics in any specific chapter files, that is.

So what I'd do:
1, Try to print each chapter to ps (not direct to pdf) then manually
distill them using Acrobat and see which one(s) fail.
2, When it/they fail in Acrobat you will see which pages successfully
completed. The offending graphic(s) will be on the next page
somewhere. You will also get an error log generated, although
sometimes the messages can be somewhat cryptic unless you know what
you are reading.
3, Remove the suspect(s) and repeat steps 1 and 2 until the file(s)
complete successfully.
4, Replace or repair the graphics files accordingly.

On the other hand, if the FM 8 files are operating without incident on
the source machine and the problem only surfaces on your machine, or
files that have been exported for use on your machine, then are they
using any plug ins that you do not have?

Alan

--
Alan Litchfield MBus(Hons), MNZCS
AlphaByte