Thanks Dennis,

I am importing by reference, I remember now setting that at the beginning of
the project.

The 8MB is the size of the images in the folders total. (the Snagit images)

There are 23 files in the book, including TOC, LOF, List of Tables, Index,
Glossary, the largest of which is 87kb (most are less than 55kb)

Most of the work is on a Laptop, and sometimes I use a desktop with LCD.
Both screen resolutions are 1600 x 1200 VGA. I've thought of assembling a
Tech Pubs system with dual DVI 23" 2560 x 1600, but this will have to come
later.

I am not a professional technical pubs documentation person, but a
operations type in a very small company. This project is my idea based upon
the huge volume of support calls on the very simple elements of the
application, so maybe there are 10 out of the 200 are not essential, but may
save an hour tech support phone call.

Previous to this all of the documentation was either in MS Word (gag) or
Publisher, neither of which satisfies the need for very clear indexing,
cross-references, and other strenghts of FM, which I was introduced to when
I used it on Sun Microsystems in early 1990s.

I truly appreciate your input.

Cheers

Pete