From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Combs, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:39 PM
To: Frank Stearns
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com; pete.rourke at reefpt.com
Subject: RE: Alphabetizing a generated list of Figures or Tables

Frank Stearns wrote:

> > (This entire process could be scripted, of course.)
>
> Or, you could use IXgen to do this in just a few moments. You
> can create markers from specific para tags, such as those
> used for the captions; and you can create markers of whatever
> type you wanted (including those you define yourself).

<smacks forehead /> D'oh! I must not have had enough caffein this
morning!

I use IXgen for indexing and love it. I just completely spaced out that
you can automagically create markers (any kind) from/for all instances
of a pgf format. Sorry, Frank!

Pete, IXgen will not only solve your problem quickly and easily, it'll
make many index-related tasks far, far easier, too. I highly recommend
it.

Although if I were you, my first priority would be adding <$paranum> to
the LOF spec. I'm really surprised you aren't including the number
already. I don't think I've ever seen a list of numbered figures that
didn't include the number. You cross-reference them by number, don't
you? ("See Figure 3-2")

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs