> Hi, did anyone notice if this change of the registry key affects the
> behavior of the numeric key pad for other use? i.e. does the normal ALT
> sequence for ASCII characters still work?

I noticed no change. The alt keypad keys still work normally-- hold down the
alt key, type the four digit extended ASCII code, and then release the alt
key. For Unicode characters, you hold down the alt key, _press and release
the plus key_, press and release the Unicode code numbers/letters, and then
release the alt key. Of course, the font must support those Unicode
characters.

Mike Wickham