This may be a rhetorical question, but you're using the same settings
that you used for the book for the individual files, correct? Unless
you're printing them from within the book (print selected files), each
component is using its own printer/PDF settings and they're likely to
be the same ones that were causing a problem with the book....

So the problem is getting the same, working settings in place as your
default setup.

Art

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Anderson, Ben
<Ben.Anderson at guarantybank.com> wrote:
> First, thanks to Art for their suggested fixes to my problem
> (select/deselect the Generate Tagged PDF setting and delete fntcache.dat
> file).
>
> Now on to part II of my problem!!
>
> Frame and distiller no longer crash  when I generate a single PDF of the
> entire book, but when I generate individual PDFs, both applications
> crash.  I've tried to isolate a specific file, but the crash doesn't
> happen on the same file each time.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
> --Ben
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
> [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Anderson, Ben
> Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 10:41 AM
> To: Framers at frameusers.com
> Subject: Frame and Distiller Crash
>
> Frame Gang,
>
> I'm in the process of testing the evaluation copy of Technical
> Communication Suite and have run into a couple of crashes.
>
> I've got a book (created in Frame 7.2) that I've opened in Frame 8.0
> (p273) and tried to convert to PDF.  I can get the book to update just
> fine, but when I "save as PDF", Frame crashes.  I've also printed the
> book to postscript and then tried to distill the files to PDF, but then
> distiller crashes.
>
> I have all of the system requirements (i.e., disk space, RAM, etc.), so
> I don't think that's an issue, but I'm not positive.
>
> Also, I'm using the standard Adobe PDF printer that comes with the Tech
> Comm Suite install.
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> --Ben
>
> **********    Confidentiality Notice    **********
> This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
> writings  are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended
> recipient(s) identified above. This message may contain information that
> is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure under
> applicable law.
> If the receiver of this information is not the intended recipient, or
> the employee, or agent responsible for delivering the information to the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, reading,
> dissemination, distribution, copying or storage of this information is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error,
> please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic
> transmission, including all attachments from your system.
>
> _______________________________________________
>
>
> You are currently subscribed to Framers as
> ben.anderson at guarantybank.com.
>
> Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/ben.anderson%40guara
> ntybank.com
>
> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.
> **********    Confidentiality Notice    **********
> This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other writings
>  are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> identified above. This message may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law.
> If the receiver of this information is not the intended recipient, or the
> employee, or agent responsible for delivering the information to the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, reading,
> dissemination, distribution, copying or storage of this information is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
> notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic transmission,
> including all attachments from your system.
>
> _______________________________________________
>
>
> You are currently subscribed to Framers as art.campbell at gmail.com.
>
> Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com
> or visit 
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/art.campbell%40gmail.com
>
> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.
>



-- 
Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
 "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent
and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
 No disclaimers apply.
 DoD 358

Reply via email to