From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Crimmin,
Peter
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 7:49 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Server-based (hosted) documentation and user comments
(DocBook?)

[cross-posted to TECHWR-L mailing list]

Can anyone recommend technologies to do the following:

*       Hosted documentation, available on the internet as a web
service.

*       Each doc topic allows users to add comments. (e.g. "Here's a
better example to do this task...")

*       Management tools to moderate user comments, and to handle
documentation updates (retaining the comments).

*       Authoring tools to produce said documentation.

The open source community exploits these technologies. How do they do
it? I have an inkling for a solution: FrameMaker>DocBook>ePublisher?

Thanks for your ideas