Well, after literally hours of work, I've managed to trace the problem
to a bad second level heading that was causing the re-set. However,
fixing it meant trying to re-do the autonumbering on the headings, and I
just can't figure out how to structure the headings so Heading 1.1 in
Section 2 re-sets as 1.1, not as 4.1 (there are three headings at that
level in the first Section). I've asked my boss for the assistance of
someone who has had FrameMaker training to try to fix the problem but I
accept that it's beyond me.

I also made a case for getting some training at our departmental meeting
today, so we'll see what develops there.

I can't send the document out (in contains passwords) but I may be able
to send our template out if anyone wants to see how the document is sent
up now.

Again, thanks for the help. Maybe someday I'll get training and be able
to help another newbie!

--
Eva Whitley, ETOSS Contract
301-713-1833x191