I have a series of footnotes associated with tables on the same page.
The first and second are normal. The third references the same footnote
as the second. Because the precedent is not to add an identical footnote
and call it 3, this is accomplished by a cross-reference to the third
footnote. However, the next footnote should be footnote 3, and the
numbering instead reverts to 1. My fiddling with Format - Document -
Numbering and the footnote tab is, thus far, to no avail.

Here's what my section of this page looks like:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=484457. (Beware the big download
button and look instead for the small "Proceed to file download page"
just above it.)
What to do?

Jim

BTW, I'm also open to suggestions for a better way to share a file but
not attach it.