Hi Gillian,

I haven't noticed any real differences in how FM9 imports Word.

The main thing to keep in mind is how rigidly the Word author used Para and
Character Styles.

Normal+ will not come across cleanly...never did and never will!

If the author was a sophisticated Word user, and did not manually tweak
things in Word, then the files should come over quite painlessly.

Regarding training and other assistance:

I believe I'll be hosting an online 2-day Unstructured FM9 training the week
of July 27th. There are currently 4 students in that class, so a great
chance for individualized attention.

I just finished up a 3-day Structured Frame Authoring and a 2-day Tech Comm
Suite Integration for Diane Gaskill's group (21 folks in the Authoring
class, and it still went well!!!)

Your cousin might also benefit from some help in the conversion and in
setting up the initial template. If that's not something you plan on doing
for her, I've helped lots of companies (large & small) with that as well. I
can do it remotely, and bill in as little as 1/4 hour increments.

-Matt

Matt Sullivan
GRAFIX Training

matt at roundpeg.com
www.roundpeg.com
Office 714 960-6840
Cell & text 714 585-2335
SMS message 7145852335 at vtext.com

skype: mattatroundpeg
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grafixtraining
facebook| plaxo

Click to tell me the social media sites you belong to