Hi Mathieu:

I'm using FM 7.2 on XP, too, and I'm turning FM books into Eclipse User
Assistance. I can't think of anything special about writing in FrameMaker to
create Eclipse help files, but I can think of some things I did in FrameMaker
because I'm using Mif2Go to convert the books.

By the way, are you using structured or unstructured FM? Not that it matters
much; I'm just curious.

I wanted to split my chapters into smaller files because it's pretty rotton to
have to scroll through a long file in Eclipse UA, so I used a Mif2Go-defined
marker in FM to provide file names wherever I split the file. Otherwise, Mif2Go
generates a file name based on the paragraph ID, and that changes a lot.

I've also used markers to specify graphics that I want replaced with specific
files, not the automatically converted JPEGs.

And if you're indexing, and if you have any "see" or "see also" references,
you'll need a plugin from Sundorne called IndexRef. When the index file is
converted to an Eclipse keyword index, any "see" or "see also" references will
link to the place where you created them in the FM chapters. What you'd really
like them to do is link to the term to which they refer in the index, but
Eclipse isn't up to doing that yet. The next best thing is to not make them
link anywhere.

So, how are you turning your FM books into Eclipse UA?

Fei Min Lorente