Mulholland asked:

> I have recently moved from XP to Vista. When I save my frame files I
> always get a message stating "Cannot be undone. Undo history will be lost.
> OK to continue?" Apart from being annoying, especially when I save all files
> in a book at once. Is there any way of turning this off? I never got this
> message when I was using XP, is it a Vista feature?
> Thanks

It's not a Vista feature, it's an annoyance of FrameMaker 8.0/9.0 that came
along with multiple undo. By default, FrameMaker warns you each and every time
you perform an action that will clear the undo history buffer. Saving a file is
such an action, and the message is warning you that the undo function will not
be useful after you sav ethe file. It's a case of FrameMaker warnign you about
something that other applications (like MS Word) simply do witout telling you.
And perhaps Adobe has also over-compensated a bit because it does represent
changed behavior from earlier versions.

But in any event, you can turn down the frequency of the warnigns or turn them
off entirely via the "Show warnings while clearing history" item in in the
File>Preferences>General dialog.

-Fred Ridder