One answer is to not use the Table Footnote feature per se.

Instead, create a footer row (with spanned cells) and put autonumbered notes
inside it. Then in your table cells, insert cross-references to the numbers of
the notes. This approach allows you to reference the same note from multiple
cells, and all notes will appear on each page if the table breaks across pages.

-Fred Ridder