Hi all,

Regarding the "inadvertent global search and replace" issue in FrameMaker 9's
Find/Change dialog recently discussed on this mailing list, I have put together
an AutoHotKey script that forces the Find field to be selected when you press
Control-F, so that you end up typing where you expected to be typing.

If you have been bitten by the new Find behavior and would like to test this
tool, please drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a copy.  (I will eventually
post it for download on my Web site, but would like a few more people try it
out first.)

PS -- AutoHotKey is a free scripting tool that lets you drive the UIs of
applications, among many other things.  Scripts can be compiled into EXEs,
which is what I have done.  See http://www.autohotkey.com/ for details.

--
Jerry Kindall, Technical Writer
Tecplot, Inc. "Enjoy the View"