Hi all,

  RE:  Imported Word docs - table heading row of long tables is not repeated
for further pages of the table

Using: FM 7.2.
Importing from: Word 2003

I found that when I import documents from Word 2003 that contain long
tables, the table heading row is not repeated for further pages of the same
table.

I expected there to be a simple Properties setting controlling this, but I
could not find one. I tried opening the FM documents in FM 8 to see if such
a Properties setting exists there, and still no luck.

So I ran a search for a solution, and I found the *"The Word-to-Frame table
macro"*, by a certain *Stephen Sealy*, at:
    http://www.techknowledgecorp.com/public/word2frame.pdf

You save your FM document as a MIF file, and then load it into Word's VBA
environment (yes...Word - we just want to use the Word API's powerful string
processing facilities), and run Stephen's VBA program.

Ok, great - but it didn't work. So I debugged it a bit, and found that it
used a search string that was not quite accurate, so the searches did not
work. Ok - so I fixed that, and ran it again. Then I found that it started
to update the MIF by adding header rows, but then it hung the PC.

OK - so it probably works, but maybe it was written for a different version
of FM and/or MIF.
So is there a different solution for this?
Or does somebody have a debugged version of this VBA program? (For FM 7.2.)

TIA

  - avi

"Mercy on all, coz everyone's fighting some sort of battle"