I believe that pdfmark text frame approach was an old kludge to work
around the lack of a direct way to specify a named destination in
FrameMaker.

Current best practice is to insert a Hypertext marker with the Specify
Named Destination (newlink <linkname>) option.

Jennifer's source was apparently generating named destinations in
FrameMaker 7, so she should not have to do anything to make it work
with FrameMaker 9 other than adjust her PDF settings.