Chris Despoupolis's (sp?) TocBreaker might be of use. You'd have to insert
your soft returns once and run TocBreaker to save the information. After
that, you run TocBreaker after regenerating. (http://cudspan.net/) It works
with all generated lists.

You can use Google to search the archives by specifying "site:
www.framerusers.org"