From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Jay Mahler
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 5:03 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: The Problem with Long Titles in Generated Lists

I'm sure you've all had the problem with TOCs, LOTs, LOFs, and even indexes.
When the title reaches the end of the line (or too many index entries), the tab
character that should position the page number at right aligned tab doesn't
work, and the page number appears left justified on the second line with or
without continued text. I've always gone through and manually fixed the issue
by inserting soft returns after the lists are generated, but I have a client
with a huge document and LOTs and LOFs that are 20 pages each. Has anyone
figured out an automated way to fix this problem? My experiments haven't turned
up a solution.

Also, since I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has asked this question,
I wanted to search old posts and the archives. I can't figure out how to do
that other than looking at each month manually. Is there a search tool
available somewhere?

Jay Mahler
734-645-6298

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the
use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.