I'm not sure what you mean by "isn't this just as simple as changing
the paragraph setting of your second and subsequent lines to start at the
point of the end of the leader dot's of the first line?"  If I understand what
you are saying, wouldn't we end up with a long indent on those lines?

On Jerilynne's comment,

"Another way I've done this is to insert at least 3 tab characters (not tab
stops) before the page number. Maybe that will give you a bit of automation
for those long entries.

... Jerilynne means, "on the reference page" for the TOC or other generated
file."

this is something that I tried long ago, and it never worked for me. As a
matter of fact these LOT and LOF reference page entries already had three tab
characters in them. Adding more didn't help.

Again, the problem arises when the title is just long enough to break the line
before the chapter-page number without bringing any text to the second line.
The only solution that appears to work reliably is to put a variable with
several em spaces as its definition. On some titles, adding non-breaking
space(s) to bring one or more words to the second line improves readability.

Jay Mahler
Sent from my iPad