Hi Framers,

I have TCS 2015 on a 64-bit Win7 machine with almost 19 Gb free HD space & 16
Gb RAM.

This is my first time around using FrameMaker 2015 and attempting to publish
our Help files from FrameMaker.  I learned a lot from Matt Sullivan's course
and successfully published a "test run" in November, so  I thought I was all
set and all I'd have to do is update the content, tweak the CSS a little bit,
and republish.  Well...nothing's ever easy!

I'm publishing a large book (2400 pgs) with about 100 component FM files.

-          All files open in FM without error.

-          Style sheet and mapping are complete.

-          When I attempt to publish to HTML5, the process crashes at the 89th
document. A "Failed Importing Documents" message appears, then FM closes.  No
files have been updated, even the first 88.  At least the Date Mod. property is
still the date I initiated the project.
I contemplated dividing the book and attempting to publish the second half
alone (as a test or to get the missing image files) but that would more than
likely cause error messages due to unresolved cross-references.

Since I do have Tech. Comm. Suite, and I'm experienced with publishing CHM from
RoboHelp, I tried going that route as well.  Everything seemed to go normally
until I started scanning the output and found some missing images.  I see the
*.PNG name, but no image.  On further investigation, I find there are almost
500 image files of 0 Kb!  It appears that all of the "missing images" are in
sections from the second half of the book (starting before the 89th FM where
the other process crashed).

The only other thing I can think of is that it needs more memory to publish
such a large book.  That being said, I *have* removed about 10 Gb of files from
the HD today.  It's possible I had more free space in November than I do now.
Is it worth a try to free up more HD space for the compile?

Any words of wisdom are welcome.  I'm about out of ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Judy Bragg
Technical Writer/QC
HYPACK - A Xylem Brand
56 Bradley St.
Middletown, CT 06457
O: +1.860.635.1500
judy.br...@xyleminc.com<mailto:judy.br...@xyleminc.com>
www.hypack.com<http://www.hypack.com/>
[Email Logo]
[HYPACK 2018 Email Banner]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments and/or linked
documents, is intended for the sole use of the intended addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise
protected by law. Any unauthorized review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the original sender immediately by reply email and destroy all copies
of the original message and any attachments. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Xylem Inc.