So, in case anybody thinks Adobe cares about its customers, think again. I
posted to the list as you know on Tuesday about problems activating a
license for an Adobe product. (Not FM, but as it is an Adobe product I
figured that was the only way I could get Adobe's attention - on an Adobe
list).

This is a VERY OLD product - I have had the installation disk for it for
like a gazillion years. It's Adobe Design Standard CS6 for Windows. I bough
this product way back in the in the mid-2000s, and successfully installed
it, registered it, and used it for many years. I eventually uninstalled it,
and then two years ago, I needed quick access to Photoshop to work with an
.eps graphic, so I installed it again with the heavily faded license code on
the disk and voila, no issues. Installed beautifully, worked fine. . .etc. I
uninstalled it about two years ago as it was taking up a lot of space on my
system and wasn't using it anymore.

Well, along comes a client who has sporadic eps graphics, so I decided to
reinstall it on an old system that holds rarely used applications - just
ones needed for one-offs here and there. I go to install the software, enter
the activation code and blam . . . I get the message the code has been
revoked. What??? That makes no sense, but Adobe revokes a code only if the
code is invalid, which it is not. I have successfully installed,
deactivated, and uninstalled this software several times over the past 12 or
so years and this is the first time that I have received this message.

Adobe is flat out refusing to assist me whatsoever. I was told that
somehow/someway that this activation number has been compromised - either an
unscrupulous reseller has used this activation code multiple times, another
vendor has somehow gotten hold of the activation code, . . .. the
possibilities seem so far-fetched to me, I kinda' tuned out after the
"support" rep. started droning on.

Adobe has stated that unless I can provide absolute proof of purchase that I
am SOL -yea, proof of purchase on a 12+ year old product. God only knows
where the lone piece of paper is after all these years. I figured
registering the product and at least having permanent access to the
activation code would save me, but not so much, huh?

I have been an Adobe customer for over 22 years, the number of purchases of
Adobe products that I have made is well in to the double digits and NEVER
ONCE, and I mean NEVER, have I had this problem before. I purchased all my
products either directly from Adobe or from an authorized reseller and I am
pretty sure this was from a reseller, but for the life of me, after 12+
years, I cannot remember the name/provided proof of purchase and what would
it matter? God knows how many Adobe resellers have gone the way of the DoDo
bird over the last decade or so.

I was evaluating two approaches for a new client project - either Flare or
Adobe FM/ePub and guess what? Adobe just made the decision for me like that
- Flare here I come.

Tammy Van Boening

Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com

www.spectrumwritingllc.com