For comma placement, I'd pick #1, which matches the _Chicago Manual of Style_, but I'd also suggest tightening the sentence and removing passive voice. Result:

"The information displays across five tabs: Overview, Category, Locus, Sequence, and Details."

I would note that the Chicago style is typically used by book publishers, while AP style is used for newspapers. The latter omits certain commas and words to make them fit better into short stories in narrow columns. In any case, sometimes minor rewrites eliminate fights over punctuation.

Mike Wickham