The current version of FrameMaker is 16.03.979. It was released last
July/August and has had 3 updates so far.

Frame's update function is busticated, but that seems to be an issue with
Adobe's website. You have to download it from the trial page. As long as
you're subscribed, it should install just fine.

Every now and again I yell at people in the ACP program or the TCS support
about how busted the download and update on the website are. The link from
your account page to update Frame still, after 3 years (at least) takes you
to the update page for Creative Cloud!

Generally speaking, most of the updates were for DITA but there were some
nice things added for us non-structured people. There's a navigation pane
now that can be used to navigate within a document. Right now it's
file-based, but there's hope that they'll be adding book-level navigation
soon. They've also added a utility you can use to split files down into
multiple files based on a tag name. It has XLIFF capability for translation
services, although that requires use of structured/DITA. And it FINALLY has
a button for converting selected text to sentence case. ;-) They also added
buttons to remove a row or column from a table, which has proven useful.

https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/features.html

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 1:50 PM Peter Gold <peter@petergold.photography>
wrote:

> Are you saying that the translator used an as-yet unreleased version?
> Possibly an NDA violation?
>
> Is the secret download location a pre-release repository?
>
> Shouldn't the translator return a client's project in the same release it
> was submitted, or in MIF, to maintain compatibility?
>
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021, 12:28 PM <techwordsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >

> > I was using FM 2019 sporadically. I received files back from a translator
> > in
> > a version of FM I could not open. Notpad showed it was FM 16, which I
> found
> > was 2020.
> >

> > I was never notified by Adobe about the new version, any upgrade, etc.,
> > despite being subscribed. That was a bit annoying.
> >

> > Anyway, after a lengthy but successful support call, I was shown a secret
> > URL where I could get this new version of FrameMaker, downloaded it, and
> > installed it.
> >

> > The icon looks the same as FM 2019. The new version self-identifies as
> > version 16, not 2020. I don't see any obvious changes off the bat. Anyone
> > have any idea what the new changes to FM 2020 are, other than 2019 cannot
> > open 2020 files?
> >

> > Cheers,
> >

> > Sean

Lin Sims