Alexander Limi wrote:
Framework Team,

Any objections on including this in 3.0?

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/84

It's something we wanted in 2.1 back in the day, but since none of us knew how GRUF worked or would interact with it, we ended up not doing it to make sure.

Having a simple URL for the login form is especially important for sites that don't expose the login link (which is the use case for most websites running Plone as opposed to the community sites).

We could make a nicer implementation, by having a view with name @@login registered for the portal root. /login (or /@@login, to disambiguate) would then only be available on the site root. I suggest we still redirect to /login_form e.g. with self.request.response.redirect('login_form').

I can whip this up if people agree.

Martin