from following martin's and wichert's thread so far, i'd like to pick up the idea of doing a 3.1 and 3.2 release in relative quick succession by the same framework team.

in effect, we would be splitting up what is currently envisioned as 3.1 into two separate releases. this would enable us to keep 3.1 (i.e. the 'first' 3.1) manageable and get it out the door in a timely manner (i second martin's proposal of a timeline, where we keep christmas a holiday - i know i will be with my family ;-)

anybody not getting their plips into 3.1 needn't fret, because 3.2 is just around the corner.

also, swinging it this way could end up as a possible insurance, in case the 'big 4.0' is starting to run late. we could incorporate further non-invasive features (i.e. things that could go into 3.1 but haven't been conceived of just yet) and ship 3.3 or even 3.4

any thoughts?

cheers,

tom