On Oct 26, 2008, at 10:42 PM, Alexander Limi wrote:
Hanno Schlichting has said that he'd like to be the release manager for Plone 4, and I'd like to formally propose him as a candidate for this role. Martin Aspeli has indicated that he'd like to help Hanno in a "developer communication" role, so Hanno can focus on his job of the release manager, and Martin will help communicate what's going on to our core developers and add-on product developers.

+1 on both of them.

Also, if the official nomination for the Plone 4 release manager has to wait until there is a Framework Team for 4.0, we should:
a) Start identifying these people ASAP.

just for the record: the plan we discussed in DC was to make a call for new framework team members by the end of the (this!) month, which is now very soon. we might miss that goal, but the point is that it really shouldn't be too long until we've established a new team for 4.0.

b) Possibly accept Hanno as an interim release manager until the team can make an official recommendation based on the available candidates.

if there's need for an interims manager, i'm all +1 for letting hanno do it.

cheers,

andi

--
zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]