Hi framework team,

I'm sorry I didnt' comment on the previous discussion about PLIP #244, but I wasn't subscribing this list. Anyway, I'd like to comment on some of the objections already posted in the PLIP page.

About the usefulness of site-wide portlets, let me give an example: you have a static portlet assignment at a folder, and that portlet makes sense only in the context of that folder, so you want to block it in subfolders but keeping site-wide portlets visible (e.g. like news, review list, events, etc). Currently you can't do this, unless you manage to setup some weird combination using the other categories...

Let me also make it clear that the idea here is not to break with existing functionality, neither with any concept. The idea of marking categories as "not inherited by subfolders" would be extremely useful. Currently, you need to block inheritance in all subfolders.

Anyway, I'll be happy to reformulate this PLIP, or even split it into smaller ones, after some more discussion.

Thanks,

Ricardo