On 20 Jun 2009, at 19:38, Tres Seaver wrote:

Isn't 4.0 deliberately a "short-hop" release, with minimal new feautres,
mostly intended to move the platform forward (to modern versions of
Zope, Python, CMF)?  Keeping the window short emphasizes that fact, at
least to my outsider's eyes.

Hmm, the way I see it is that the timeline is deliberately short as 4.0 is an intermediate release. Trunk is the innovative, new thing, 4.0 is incremental upgrades that go beyond a 3.x release. In fact, the release was almost called 3.5 or similar.

I don't know how I feel about this, the period is awfully short, but I'm probably leaning towards short keeps things from getting too ambitious.

Matt