I use a 50mm el nikkor and h16 rx4. With The distance for full frame film plane
to lens mount is approx. 5.5 inches and distance of front on lens to film image
is 3" to 3.5 inches. This is for full frame. Once I'm within this labelled full
frame area for super8, i fine focus, of course using focus/camera adjusting
knob (not lens knob) with lens completely open, then focus through bolex view
finder. Once image in focus, I lock the knobs and stop down lens to proper
f/stop. Usually range f/8 - 16 , which will provide larger depth of field.

Sent from my iPod