I'm in agreement, yikes!

Assuming there was reason for concern with Brose's work, why would it be a Homeland Security issue rather than a more pedestrian FBI issue. I fear the reason is that Homeland Security has summary powers of detention and total control of evidence, while being detained by the FBI entitles one to due process in the legal system. Being charged by Homeland Security can operate at the level of unsubstantiated assertion when they refuse to produce the evidence by claiming it to be "sensitive" or a "concern for national security." Whereas the FBI has a much more difficult time bypassing the evidentiary proof of their charges. Being charged by the FBI allows us presumed innocence, while Homeland Security seems to require we prove our innocence.

Increasingly, it seems that the Bush Administration created our "Secret Police", and the Obama Administration did not do its duty by dismantling it, and rather they have come to find it a convenient tool.

Damon.