Thursday, February 23, 2012, 12:54:38 PM, one wrote:

> I'm guessing from the OP that only Ferris Bueller counts as what Gene
> is asking for, the others being examples of interior monologues.
> * interior non-diegetic:
>   We only hear the characters via voice-over, but they are talking to
>   US, breaking the 'fourth-wall' (Example: Sunset Boulevard, The
>   Opposite of Sex)

Actually, Clockwork Orange counts here too. Alex is not talking to
himself in filmic time, he's narrating in past tense to us (or rather,
to an audience addressed as "O My Brothers" who diegetically may be
interpreted as a post-hospital new set of droogies, but really reduces
to us, audience-implicationwise).

--
Best regards,
 Jim Flannery