I love Abigail Child's Perils, which definitely draws on that silent-era
slapstick vocabulary.

>From Berlin,
Roger

On May 19, 2012, at 9:27 PM, Shona Masarin wrote:

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any experimental films that have explored vaudeville,
slapstick and/or silent era clown films (eg. Buster Keaton) in some way or
another?

I am working on a collaborative dance film with choreographer, Cori Olinghouse,
who has been studying movement forms like eccentric dance, mime, and voguing.
Our film will seek to invoke the spaces of Vaudeville through a Dada/Surrealist
eye. We are attracted to the way these two forms share aspects of humor,
oddity, and slapstick.
Here's a link to a preview of our film project on our Kickstarter page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/139958170/ghost-line

Some films that have inspired us thus far are Hans Richter's "Ghosts Before
Breakfast" and Anna Halprin in James Broughton's "Golden Positions".

Any leads will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Shona Masarin

www.shonamasarin.com<http://www.shonamasarin.com/>
shonamasa...@hotmail.com<mailto:shonamasa...@hotmail.com>